Tuesday 8 May 2012

Final Blog

In my opinion, I believe the People and Organisation module has been one of the most interesting and insightful modules i have taken this semester. Considering the aims and objectives which the module set out to achieve, i believe these were all met as for example, almost every topic was done with an explanation of theories behind that particular topic which i think made it a but accommodating for me as a student to understand. I also enjoyed how in lessons (the ones which i attended) we were asked about personal experiences in the work place and it helped me relate it back to the topic.

Personal Skills
I feel that a major plus for this module is the constant effort it made in ensuring that students were always interacting with each other by working in groups to produce reports, carry out short in-class exercises such as brainstorming and most importantly promoting teamwork.
Personally, I believe one of the things i have learnt during this module is the different theories and subjects that we have learnt across the year. I have enjoyed all subjects and the different group activities we have done during lectures, furthermore, i have improved my team working skills during this.

Blog
The most challenging blog in my opinion would have to be the performance management blog. The Times article on mentoring in order to provide the skills required to be an effective mentor. Initial attempts to access the article proved hard making it difficult for me to complete the blog. However, i finally managed to get access to the article through the help of a colleague and eventually i completed it. Another blog i had difficulty with was the personality blog, as i left this blog late the link for the BBC personality test had expired and had been taking down from the website. I was then told to find an alternative one, which i did, but it was 43 questions long and didn't give a valid score. This concluded into me not completing the blog until the deadline day and was forced to improvise.
All this aside i saw the blogs to be a very useful way of improving my knowledge about this module and helped me build upon topics discussed in class.

The Module

On the whole, i think the module is well structured and all topics covered are very practical in today's working environment and for further modules. If i had to change anything i would change some of the lectures and maybe do more practical lectures, maybe in and around Wycombe or even London (feel like this for all modules). But overall i think that this is the module i enjoyed the most and would recommend keeping the blogs for next year students!

Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment